What is a proxy server?
A Proxy (proxy server) is a server that acts as mediator between the client (the computer of a user) and server (the computer on the other ends of network connection on which the information requested by the user appears for example web server site.) When clients request data from an Internet resource, traffic goes from your web browser/application first through the proxy before it reachs the requested sources and back through the proxy. Then the proxy will transmit the data (information) to you.
Why I need to use a proxy server?
1. Transfer speed improvement. If the file you requested was received before to your proxy server, then proxy server will interrupt this file request and you will receive the file directly from proxy. However need to know, you can got the “speed down” effect. This effect appears when your proxy has long answer time because there is slow connection between you and your proxy server.
2. Security and privacy. Anonymous proxies destroys information about your computer in the requests header. So you can safely surf the net and your information will never be used by hackers and spammers.
3. Sometimes you encounter some problems while accessing to web server (for example, web-chat). You have mistaken while working with some data and / or the server administrator restricted access from your IP. So you can use the anonymous proxy and try to access again.
How can I get fresh proxy server information?
Every proxy server is inclusive of an IP address and a proxy port that is listed next to the address. You can search “free proxy list” on google to get newest proxy servers. Here is a daily updated proxy list I recommend: http://www.aplusproxy.com/proxylist/index.php
How to configure IE 7.0 to use a proxy server?
1. Open Internet Explorer 7.0.
2. Click on the Tools icon from the upper right of the browser and select Internet Options from the menu.
3. Select the Connections tab and click the button for LAN Settings.
4. Click the radio button for Proxy Server. Type the IP number of the proxy In the Address box, and add the port number of the proxy in the Port box.
5. Click the OK button, then OK again.
6. After setting a proxy server, you need to check if that proxy is working. Type www.google.com in your IE7 address bar and see if google index page is loaded for you.